|Dear user, |
We were informed last week about a data security breach involving a third party provider of Mention. We want to inform you of the following:
Here's what you need to know:
- Mention itself was not hacked. The breach occurred at a third-party vendor that we use in our marketing stack, and has been rectified.
- Mention was not the direct target of the attack. Mention is just one of many clients of the vendor who were affected.
- The breach occurred in early July, and we were told about it last week. As per the law, we reported the breach to the CNIL.
The following information about your Mention account may have been exposed:
- Names and email addresses of Mention users.
- Mention account profile info such as number of connections, numbers of alerts, number of mentions, plan value, and account creation date.
Data that was NOT exposed:
- Payment credentials such as credit card data or wire instructions.
- Passwords, login credentials, or authentication tokens.
What should you do now?
- There is no action to be taken on your side, but we recommend you to be careful with phishing scams (as always).
Your data security is a top priority for us, and we are reviewing all our data flows to ensure your information remains absolutely safe.
If you need further information, please feel free to contact me directly.
Matthieu Vaxelaire, CEO @Mention